Thanks for your interest in hosting a Giants player for the upcoming season.
Hosting players as part of summer baseball is a tradition as old as the game of baseball. We find it to be a rewarding experience to both the player and family. Here’s what you need to know when considering hosting a Giant’s player
1. The Fort McMurray Baseball Club includes collegiate baseball players who travel from across Canada and the US to fulfill their desire to play at the highest level of baseball possible. For this and hopefully several additional summers, these athletes become a part of our community. These players will treat your home, your family and our community with the utmost respect.
2. The WMBL schedule begins the last week of May and ends mid August. It includes a 48 game schedule over approximately 2 1/2 months. Half of the schedule is played on the road, leaving slightly more than 2 weeks that your Giants player will be needing accommodation each month. During our home schedule, the players will generally be at the ballpark from approximately 3:00-10 PM.
3. Your primary role as a host family is to provide housing accommodation for your player. while you do not have to cook for your player it is expected that you have food readily available for them to make their own meals, and snacks.
4. Transportation will be arranged but the Fort McMurray Giants baseball club. However if you are able to transport your player sometimes it is greatly appreciated!
5. For providing this valued service you will be compensated $500 for the season and provided with a season pass for you and your family!
6. Additional information: player must be provided with own private living space, laundry facilities for personal clothes. all game worn clothes will be cleaned by the Giants baseball club, WIFI access and toiletries. Billet Family is also expected to set house rules for their player, and monitor their behaviour just as you would any member of your household. If a problem was to arise please contact the Fort McMurray Giants baseball club as we expect billeting to be a positive experience for both parties!
7. Host family is not required to provide electronics i.e. TV, Radio, computer. Long Distance Phone. Players are expected to keep their personal living space, and common areas tidy, and help out round the house were they can.
All potential Billet families are asked to fill out a host application that can be found here : Application
For any questions or for additional information please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for your great support!!
see you at the park!!